Wednesday, August 11, 2010

EggTarts



My son calls them egg-tarts, but I call them convenient, quick, cheap and DELICIOUS!
I make these up on big batches and then individually wrap and freeze them to be enjoyed by busier versions of ourselves on early mornings. The are a healthier and cheaper version of everyone's favorite breakfast sandwich. I prefer to make mine without meat but you could easily cook up some bacon, ham, or sausage and toss in in before cooking.

Ingredients:
18 eggs
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1/3 red bell pepper chopped
3/4 c. Frozen chopped spinach
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheese
10-12 english muffins





sauté onions, pepper, and spinach until onions are translucent. remove from heat.
mix eggs, milk, cooled onions, peppers, and spinach and mix well. add salt, pepper, and garlic salt to preference and pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until puffy and slightly browned.



Split muffins and toast lightly under broiler then place egg muffin between two halves, wrap in plastic and freeze. When you are ready to enjoy an eggtart just pop it in the microwave for about a minute or until heated through.



I usually make a double or triple batch of these and then put half in my freezer for Orion and I bag the other half and send them to work with my husband. I also make him swear not to eat all of them in the first few days. Enjoy!

Peace and eggie-biscuits!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this idea. Looks like I might be heading back to the work force (after a year and a half of unemployment) and it will be a major readjustment for our family. I am totally going to make these. I feel so much better about starting the kids off with a real breakfast in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...