Friday, December 31, 2010

Easy Beingets


Oh, how I adore fresh hot doughnuts! I think almost every person in the known world feels the same way. Would you believe that in all of Humboldt county there is not one single place to get a decent doughnut. Which to me seems even more appalling when you consider what our most produced "crop" is. This morning when I woke up I was determined to have some beingets, I would have gladly settled for a good doughnut if they existed here, but no, neither of them do.
I could have made a yeast dough, waited a few hours for the dough to rise, and then made beingets, but I don't like to wait. So I went to the fridge and dug out the can of ready to bake bread-stick dough I bought a few weeks ago. I simply heated my canola oil, cut the bread-sticks, rolled them into little balls, deep fried them and poof I had perfect crunchy on the outside and fluffy soft on the inside beingets.
Since the beingets were so simple I thought I'd make a few dipping sauces to go along with them.
I made a quick Kahlua-chocolate glaze by melting some chips in the microwave then stirring in a tablespoon of Kahlua and a bit of milk.Then I made and a delicious orange-vanilla bean glaze with orange juice, powdered sugar and vanilla bean cream cheese frosting I had leftover in the fridge.
I choose not to completely cover my beingets in powdered sugar because I prefer to dip them, and because I ALWAYS manage to inhale the powdered sugar and choke on it. Traditionally beingets are served only after a blizzard of powdered sugar has attacked them. I have also seen where these can also be made with canned biscuit dough and I imagine in of the canned doughs would work.
This made a perfect romantic breakfast for Jess and I but I can't wait until the boys come back from Gramma's so I can make them some too! Enjoy!

Oh yeah, and have a very Safe and Happy new year! 


Peace don't drink and drive, eat beingets instead!

2 comments:

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...