Monday, January 31, 2011

Make Yourself

Up until a few weeks ago I was in a book club.
While I am am avid reader and a lover of drinking wine in a group of women, I was really not enjoying my book club. The book choices were always poorly timed for me, like a depressing non-fiction when I was craving an uplifting novel. The meetings felt forced and uncomfortable with too many conflicting ideas and political views inflicted on the books meaning. But still, I did enjoy the community that came along with the book club, the hour and a half we would always spend just talking before being corralled into a circle to discuss the book. This got me thinking, what would I enjoy doing as a "club"?
 and then it came to me...
I want to be part of a group of people who share their creative ideas rather than pretentious literary insights. After all isn't my love of learning and sharing what I'm doing here in blogland?  DIY-ing is in my bones and drives much of what I do.Why then couldn't I translate a similar dynamic into a once monthly gathering in my own community?
Beginning this month I'd like to introduce my newest hair-brained scheme...
Currently I have a few very crafty people in mind to help me get it off the ground. I can't wait to tell you more about it, I wish you all lived closer so you too could join!

Peace & putty knives!


2 comments:

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...